Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Short and sweet, it is Nano after all.



 “He’s even been published in the paper!” 

No, I’m not talking about myself.  That would read either “I”, or “she”.  I do look forward to the day I can announce I am published, but for now this was part of a pep talk I got this morning.

My daughter is home schooled with the assistance of an online school that provides the curriculum and support while I am basically the teacher.  (Took me a while to figure out that when the online program says to wait for your teacher, she was waiting for me.  It was only two days!) We were discussing the possibilities of my daughter’s learning challenges being a disability or not. (Maybe she’s just slower like her mother.)

The supporting teacher said her son, “Is very smart, it just took him longer to catch on in the beginning.” She went on to brag about his accomplishments sighting that he has even been published in the paper! 

There’s quite a variety of ideas about what makes a writer. I have heard people comment that anyone can write, everyone has a story, and all that a writer does is sit around day dreaming all day.  It can be difficult to find the emotional support needed to get through some of these opinions. 

But today, I have found the other end of the telescope.  Some people actually do admire all the hard work that goes into forming concise framework for thoughts.  There are real people out there who believe that published writers are very smart!  That was the boost I needed to get me into Nanowrimo!

Finally the intimidation can go away!  What have you written today?

1 comment:

  1. As many snide remarks as possible and a few encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete